Author Topic: The Week in Review  (Read 3232 times)

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
The Week in Review
« on: June 19, 2005, 07:40:27 PM »
Well, I returned yesterday from my first ever (since adulthood anyway) full-week long vacation.  Spent it in the Florida Keys, staying on Big Pine Key.

(Photo of a typical Big Pine resident below)

I also had no Internet access for the week.  Its a bit overwhelming to catch up on all the Internet discussions in that time... but I think I got an idea what went on here:

-- RJ may or may not be making a disassembly tool and it may or may not be an aluminum chopstick...  ;)  (Put me down for one -- whatever it turns out to be).

-- The PA shoot went well, Eric schooled some in the Way of the R-9, and bought lunch!

-- We have another Marshall/Sannow type stopping power debate going.

-- We have our first serious knife talk underway.

-- Mr. and Mrs. Smith has little or no images of an R-9 and isn't a great movie.

Did I miss anything else important?   ;D
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline Newt

• Master
  • NRA Benefactor Member & Cert. Pistol Instructor
Re: The Week in Review
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2005, 08:28:14 PM »
Gee and we didn't even know we were on our own! We coulda had a party and invited all the other kids over. :'( ??? ::) :o ;D Hope you had a fun vacation.
No matter how you struggle and strive, you will never get out of this world alive.

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2005, 11:19:23 PM »
Glad you got away Duane - I am at a loss to remember my last vacation time that was several days together - oh I lie - Bonnie and I did take off for 8 days two years ago - covered a good many states and did 4k miles!

That tho is the only long break in more years than I remember.

Indeed - we could have had a real rip-roaring party here had we known ....... TW could have brought the pizza and burritos and Bill in Pittsburg could have brought a large case of Juenglings beer. ;D ;D
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2005, 12:07:53 AM »
Duane,
It is nice you got away.  Of course many people go to where you live for their vacation get-aways.  Had my last real vacation seven years ago traveling Scottland and England.  Unfortunately I lost my best buddy (dog of 17) while I was away that tainted my memories.  In a few months I am spending a few weeks exploring Alaska - hopefully with pleasant memories this time.

As a new member I want to say I've enjoyed this forum - thanks.  Have a R9S on order with Tom for a Aug/Sept delivery.
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."

Offline TW

• Grand Master
The Week in Review
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2005, 02:37:23 PM »
As a new member I want to say I've enjoyed this forum - thanks.  Have a R9S on order with Tom for a Aug/Sept delivery.

I too would like to offer you a firm greeting, MountainMan...!  So you are in the wait line for an R9, huh...?...!!  This will prove to be a special time in your life, for sure...!...and it's a big part of the R9 forum members induction...a time when you are chomping at the bit...counting the days off...and quite likely reading every word you can find about the R9, and buying up every known accessory for it in prep for the big day...!

Of course...you might just break and go buy yourself an R9 from the classifides...which is what I did...as have others.  Matter of fact - there is a virtually NIB specimen over there right now...!  It can't hurt to own TWO R9s...ya know...?  Unless, of course, the wife finds out before you can come up with a really good explanation.  LOL...!

But then if you are a sensible man...you will wait patiently for #1 and just go with everything else I mentioned.  Tom will treat you right...!...TW<<

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2005, 06:16:21 PM »
Thanks TW for the welcome.  Tom made his order a while ago for the July/August delivery.  I just gave him my order last week so a 2 to 3 month wait isn't bad - a lot quicker than going through my local dealer.

Reading TheIrishGuard's post made me realize that Tom would be a great person to deal with.  Now on your statement on buying two R9s.  My wife doesn't realize that I have three Seecamps - she wouldn't understand.  So maybe someday a second R9S will occur.  I'm anxious to see how the first works out.  Reading you guys that are owners I'm sure it will be what I anticipate.
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2005, 07:16:44 PM »
Dave, Thanks for your trust and business. I'll get you your R9 as soon as possible. It looks like the folks at Rohrbaugh are shipping out some real numbers. The guns are also looking just super!!   Regards, Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline TW

• Grand Master
The Week in Review
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2005, 01:00:22 AM »
...My wife doesn't realize that I have three Seecamps - she wouldn't understand.  So maybe someday a second R9S will occur.  I'm anxious to see how the first works out.  Reading you guys that are owners I'm sure it will be what I anticipate.

Oh my...THREE Seecamps, eh...?  We wouldn't want wifey to learn about that, now would we...?...no, no, noooooo...!

I'll tell you what, MountainMan...  In the name of helping out a fellow forum Brother - I just MIGHT be willing to help you out by taking a Seecamp .380 off your hands at either a reasonable price or trade **wideassgrins**...swell guy that I am...swell guy that YOU are...  Yeppers...I might just be willin to do that - cause onna counta I care...ya know...?...lol...!...TW<<

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2005, 01:07:58 AM »
TW - I can tell - you's schemin' again!! ;D ;D
Chris - R9S
R9 FAQ Site

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2005, 01:13:25 AM »
TW
It would be nice if there was a .380, but all Seecamps are .32s.  Larry  Seecamp emailed me today on a nice engraved .380 and the engraver's name since I may get one of my Seecamps engraved.  If you do a Google Image search on Seecamp it pops up.

Offline Calvin Cooledge

• Expert
"Pumping Iron"...
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2005, 02:30:03 PM »
Indeed - we could have had a real rip-roaring party here had we known ....... TW could have brought the pizza and burritos and Bill in Pittsburg could have brought a large case of Juenglings beer. ;D ;D

"Bill in Pittsburgh" has an "h" at the end. We Pittsburgharians are sensitve to the missing "h" at the end of our city. We also would be "Pumping Iron", which is a local pastime of drinking Iron City Beer. It's the only "exercise" some get in that great city. I have pumped lots and lots of Iron, having worked in a beer distributor in the Oakland section of town many many years ago. I lifted kegs and cases up and down, up and down, up and down from the stake bed truck. Ah, the good ol' days...

Hayword N. Edgewise
(PS-the proper pronunciation of Pumping Iron is "Pumpin Arn")
"I'm spreading my loyalty around..." - Calvin Cooledge

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2005, 03:09:16 PM »
[size=13]"Bill in Pittsburgh" has an "h" at the end.[/size]

Oops - my bad, sorry Sir! :P  Trouble is round my area we have loadsa ''burgs'' and so that rubs off when I come to write Pittsburgh!

I don't think yet I have actually tried Irfon City beer - have to remedy that but then I drink very little beer anways.
Chris - R9S
R9 FAQ Site