Author Topic: KRISS Super V 16” CRB/SO and the 5.5” SRB/SO* .45  (Read 8024 times)

Offline Rich_G

• Sharpshooter
Re: KRISS Super V 16” CRB/SO and the 5.5” SRB/SO*
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2010, 09:47:29 AM »
Tks John, will look into this when I return from the keys tonite.
Smith & Wesson: The original point and click interface.

Offline thor447

• Master
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2011, 05:12:02 AM »
I own a Kriss Super V and must say that it is a joy to shoot.  My local FFL has told me about some problems in the first generation Kriss' that were shipped with the bolt pivot getting jammed sometimes.  Kriss is repairing all Gen 1's with new bolt assemblies and my Gen2 model has not had any problems.  I have not expeerienced any ejection issues at all.  There is some literature out there stating that these firearms need to run very clean ammo, but from personal experience, I have run everything from Blazer, to higher end 45's and all the way down to dirty old reloads testing this firearm and have not had any FTF or ejection issues at all.  

Here's one for you guys, have you ever run across the matching Kriss Super V knife.  They were made for awhile but discontinued for cost reasons.  They have an incredible TOPS blade but just so darn expensive that they quit making them.  I came across one before I found my rifle, and so far I haven't found anyone that has the set other than myself.  (not bragging!!! just proud of it!!)

Pictures attached.  And yes, that is my 1952 Vendo 144 Coke machine I'm restoring in the background of one of the photo's, so don't knock it until I'm finished!

« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 12:33:02 AM by thor447 »
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2011, 07:59:37 PM »
Thor:

There are a few of us around here who have been interested in the KRISS for the past three years or so. I personally consider it to represent the future of the CQBW. Thank you for posting those photographs.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2011, 08:05:10 PM »
I'm one of those who have been interested in the Kriss and it was on my short list; very fine weapon, for sure.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline thor447

• Master
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2011, 10:07:12 PM »
I believe it to be the future CQBW for sure.  Firing a .45ACP specs show it to have 60% less recoil and 90% less muzzle raise than the H&K MP5 which fires .9mm.  It is a testament to good engineering.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington