Author Topic: My Boberg XR9-S Review  (Read 19121 times)

Offline T-Man

• Sharpshooter
Re: My Boberg XR9-S Review
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2012, 06:28:05 PM »
Very good review and nice shooting, Ljutic!

The Boberg design is nothing short of revolutionary!  I'm impressed by the "out of the box" thinking and innovation! 

Your review has me wanting one now!

I'm also a huge fan of the aforementioned H&K P7.  I agree with the comments that the trigger guard area gets pretty hot after about 50 rounds, and it's heavy for its size... but it's an extremely high quality piece that shoots wonderfully, and I love the ergos.  Despite its weight, it's thin, compact and simple enough (from a controls standpoint) that I think it's an excellent carry CCW.  Some may not like the squeeze cocking mode of operation, but I think it's intuitive, and I love the fact the squeeze lever also releases the slide.  The bonus is it has one of the best triggers of any defensive sidearm I've ever shot, and it's also very accurate.  It's also a very safe design to carry in Condition 1 (really Condition 2 since it isn't cocked when the squeeze lever is released).  Really, there is no Condition 1; it's either uncocked or Condition 0, ready to fire, and the squeeze cocking allows you to go from 2 to 0 just as quickly as if you were carrying in C1.
Ted

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2012, 11:39:42 PM »
T-Man, good valid points on the "conditions" of the P7 as well as the merits of the squeeze cocker.  The very reasons why I got into P7's over 20 years ago and still get excited handling, shooting and taliking about them. :)
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline Ljutic

• Master
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2012, 01:46:47 AM »
Very good review and nice shooting, Ljutic!

The Boberg design is nothing short of revolutionary!  I'm impressed by the "out of the box" thinking and innovation! 

Your review has me wanting one now!

If you needed another reason.....there's this one. 

http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com/2012/10/underwood-ammo-9mm-p-115-gdjhp-clear.html

Owner of, and sole contributor to the Pocket Guns and Gear Blog.  http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com