Author Topic: Sig P938 Is Here  (Read 18026 times)

Offline Ljutic

• Master
Re: Sig P938 Is Here
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2012, 03:33:48 PM »
I've been enjoying your Youtube target
practice, BTW.

Thanks Bill.  I'm getting more comfortable doing them now.  I just wish it would rain and cool off a bit so I can get back to ballistics testing.
Owner of, and sole contributor to the Pocket Guns and Gear Blog.  http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com

Offline billib

• Expert
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2012, 03:46:57 PM »
I must say I'm impressed with your shooting skill.
Especially with such small guns. Editing out the
footage of you walking around on the range would
I think improve your videos just a bit.

I must ask, why the fasination with the DB9? Or
am I reading you wrong?

Offline Ljutic

• Master
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2012, 06:31:43 PM »
Especially with such small guns. Editing out the
footage of you walking around on the range would
I think improve your videos just a bit.

I must ask, why the fasination with the DB9? Or
am I reading you wrong?

The DB9 1 year follow up review was intentionally long and left unedited because the pistol has received a bad reputation (justifiably so in many cases, but not all) for being unreliable.  No edits means no tricks to hide reliability issues with feeding, firing, or extraction.  99 out of 100 was legitimate.  I agree that it's way too long for what it is, but how else could you show the whole story?

Why I am fascinated by the DB9?  There is no other 9mm out on the market that can compare to the DB9's size, weight, and width.  I was also one of the first to review it so I've got a bit of vested interest in seeing if my predictions about the DB9, from June 2011, will come true or not.

I hope the videos continue to get better as I go.  I'm currently up to running 3 cameras on some shoots and managing all 3 by myself.  I'm actually pretty amazed I can hit anything most of the time with all the distractions about where to stand and trying to remember if all the cameras were filming before I started shooting.   

Why am I fascinated by pocket 9's and other pocket guns in general?  I have no idea.  I just am.  Maybe that will change some day, but for right now I'm enjoying myself.

Owner of, and sole contributor to the Pocket Guns and Gear Blog.  http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2012, 07:25:45 PM »
At twice the price and twice the apparent quality of the DB9 I think I'll stick with the R9.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 10:02:31 PM by tracker »

Offline Ljutic

• Master
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2012, 10:15:08 PM »
At twice the price and twice the apparent quality of the DB9 I think I'll stick with the R9.

I stuck with my R9 too.  No sense getting rid of something that I've come to appreciate.  I will say that I have over 1200 rounds through my DB9 and all I've changed is the mag springs for extra power replacements.  I've had the R9 longer, but only have 200 through it so I just completed my first recoil spring change.  Also the R9 is closer to 3x the price of the DB9 than it is to 2x the price.

Back on topic......my Sig should be back at some point next week.   ;D

Offline the_skunk

• Expert
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2012, 09:07:43 PM »
Me likes!  :)

If it runs like their 380, it should blow the Kimber Solo out of the water!

It ilooks like a fun gun to own and shoot, but it is still single action and I am not ready to carry a pistol that size "Cocked and Locked" especially in my pocket.  I will keep my Solo.    JMO

"Cocked  and locked" in your pocket - an accident in the making

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2012, 10:22:23 AM »
"Cocked  and locked" in your pocket - an accident in the making.

. . . an accident that could literally eliminate the "family jewels" a well as giving one a permanent limp.   :o
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline the_skunk

• Expert
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2012, 06:56:26 PM »
"Cocked  and locked" in your pocket - an accident in the making.

. . . an accident that could literally eliminate the "family jewels" a well as giving one a permanent limp.   :o

a 1911 design is a military pistol - it needs a holster - and they were only cocked and locked on the battlefield.