Rohrbaugh Products and Accessories > Rohrbaugh R9 (all variations)

Current (Sept, 2020) Rohrbaugh Market Prices

(1/4) > >>

BlueC2:
Hi all,

It has been a while since a I posted. I got really into collecting R9s about 10 years ago and ended up with quite a collection. I was thinking of selling a few but after looking at recent gunbroker auctions it appears the market for these is much softer than it once was. What are peoples thoughts on this and do you think it will stay soft for years to come. In my opinion the R9 is still a very unique and special gun and I think it is unlikely that another company will make something of its quality ever again.

I have a bunch of Elites, 3 Elite Premiums, R1000 engraved, Karl's personal gun #R9, 117&118 No R prefix, 321 Silver Fame No R prefix among others. Not looking to sell them all but was going to put one or two up for sale but wont if there isn't a market for them.

Best,
Ryan

PhilZ:
The market is pretty soft right now for R9s. Has anyone had any luck selling an R9 on commission at a local firearms dealer?  A local shop near me has very little inventory and I was thinking about selling an R9 through them.  Usually when selling online, the buyer has to search for your exact model for yours to pop up.  In the shop, if it’s one of only a few handguns in the shop, people are going to look it over even if it’s not what they walked in to buy. 

MikeInTexas:
I'll say the market is soft, especially seeing this "Rohrbaugh 9mm R9S Stealth NEW in BOX NO RESERVE" go for $805.00

https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/876899681

PhilZ, you may be on to something, if you need to sell.  I'm seeing a lot of inflated prices in gun shops and empty shelves in normal retail outlets like Academy.

cargaritaville:
Welcome back Ryan! I think that the market is soft for your usual Rohrbaughs. There are some new collectors out there on GB that will step up to the plate for special Rohrbaughs, of which you have many. I would test the waters with one on GB and see what happens. JMO. Good luck!

MRC:
It is not just Rohrbaughs which are soft, just about the whole collectible gun market is down.

The Auto Mag market is as bad as I have ever seen it right now.  Colts are down also.

Two bright spots are Bren Tens which are way up but that is a very very small market. Gen 3 Smith and Wesson Performance Center Autos are doing well also.  Again there are quite a few different Models but with very low numbers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version