Author Topic: Cadillac's Rise from the Ashes  (Read 3486 times)

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Cadillac's Rise from the Ashes
« on: October 03, 2011, 10:00:58 PM »
A couple of months ago, "Her Honor" decided that she liked the looks of the 2011 Cadillac CTS Sedan. With the 2012 models on the horizon, it suddenly became a buyer's market around here. "Her Honor" selected a black one with Sirius XM radio, On Star support, and GPS mapping . She likes it! She likes it very much. And after taking it from East Tennessee to Memphis and back I'm here to say that Cadillac appears to have risen, like the proverbial Phoenix (and with the help of a federal bailout) from its own ashes. Made (mostly) in America may be a slowly resurging concept. At least that is something devoutly to be wished.

The only drawback to this CTS is that "Her Honor" enjoys driving it so much that with it I am usually reduced to the role of mere bodyguard. :-/

[size=10]Edit typo.[/size]
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 05:22:43 PM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

ccoorreeyy

Re: Cadillac's Rise from the Ashes
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 10:11:25 PM »
A couple of months ago, "Her Honor" decided that she liked the looks of the 1911 Cadillac CTS Sedan. With the 2012 models on the horizon, it suddenly became a buyer's market around here. "Her Honor" selected a black one with Sirius XM radio, On Star support, and GPS mapping . She likes it! She likes it very much. And after taking it from East Tennessee to Memphis and back I'm here to say that Cadillac appears to have risen, like the proverbial Phoenix (and with the help of a federal bailout) from its own ashes. Made (mostly) in America may be a slowly resurging concept. At least that is something devoutly to be wished.

The only drawback to this CTS is that "Her Honor" enjoys driving it so much that with it I am usually reduced to the role of mere bodyguard. :-/

Hahah, you can tell your a gun guy!  ;D
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 10:11:45 PM by ccoorreeyy »

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 10:33:36 PM »
"By the time I get to Phoenix she'll be rising." I owned three Cadillacs in the '70s and '80s, the last being a 1985 El Dorado, all great automobiles. Fortunately, I missed the Cimmaron and the 1986 Coupe de Ville. The new Cadillacs appear to be worthy of their rich legacy.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 10:34:27 PM by tracker »

Offline xaman

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 11:06:52 PM »
My wife drives a CTS, I think an 09 model.  She absolutely LOVES it, and I'll have to admit that I don't mind the rare occasion that I have to switch her for my truck.  It's a nice ride, fun to drive, and quite comfortable.

Tell "her honor" congratulations :)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 11:26:13 PM »
A couple of months ago, "Her Honor" decided that she liked the looks of the 1911 Cadillac CTS Sedan. With the 2012 models on the horizon, it suddenly became a buyer's market around here. "Her Honor" selected a black one with Sirius XM radio, On Star support, and GPS mapping . She likes it! She likes it very much. And after taking it from East Tennessee to Memphis and back I'm here to say that Cadillac appears to have risen, like the proverbial Phoenix (and with the help of a federal bailout) from its own ashes. Made (mostly) in America may be a slowly resurging concept. At least that is something devoutly to be wished.

Congrats definitely go out to "Her Honor".  The CTS is one fine car; been eyeing the 2012 CTS-V myself although I'm thinking the ZR1 Corvette is going to win out; getting very close.

"Her Honor", again, congrats and enjoy!
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 10:49:36 AM »
Thank you, gentlemen. I've passed on your congratulations. She thanks you, and she wants it made clear that this CTS is HER toy, not mine.

So . . . this is "Her Honor":

And this is her CTS with "bodyguard accessory":*

_____

[size=10]*Edit to note: R9 in right pocket; P7 at crossdraw IWB.[/size]
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 03:02:06 PM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 10:52:30 AM »
My congratulations as well, the CTS is a fine looking ride. :D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 10:53:15 AM »
You look the part, Richard!  Congrats to you both!    8)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Robar233

• Master
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 10:06:13 PM »
Richard,

This is a super post! Tomorrow will be 27 years of marriage with my "her honor". Her fair weather car is a Miata that I RARELY get to drive. I will share your term "bodyguard" with her.

Sincerely,
 Robar233

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2011, 08:05:55 AM »
* * *Tomorrow will be 27 years of marriage with my "her honor". * * *

Happy Anniversary! You have obviously found your soulmate. It took me a long time to find mine, but I finally did -- fifteen years ago.

May the two of you have nothing but continued happiness and success throughout the coming years!

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2011, 08:33:42 AM »
Robar Happy Anniversary.
  Not sure I remember our 27th as we are headed to 42 years in March. ;D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2011, 09:34:59 AM »

27 years of marriage with my "her honor".

Sincerely,
 Robar233

Happy 27th Anniversary, Robar.  Wish for the both of you many more!  
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 09:41:28 AM by kjtrains »

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2011, 05:54:47 PM »

Hahah, you can tell your a gun guy!  ;D

Yes, that typo was either Pavlovian or Freudian or both. In any event, for archival purposes, "1911" has now been changed to "2011."  :-[

As penance, I've retrieved this 1911 schematic and am recommitting it to memory:

I'll be testing myself in a couple of days.   8)  
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"