Author Topic: $$$Price$$$$  (Read 12505 times)

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: $$$Price$$$$
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2005, 07:43:44 PM »
loliver:

Welcome to the Forum.  As Chris has said, "You did good - VERY good!!"
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2005, 07:49:36 PM »
loliver
 I'm here if you need a holster,  E mail address is in my profile
RJ=

Offline sslater

• Master
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2005, 06:07:23 PM »
I just got back from the Gibraltar Trade Center knife & gun show.  Hadn't been to one in a while.  Pickings were pretty slim re: ammo & supplies.
But one dealer had TWO R9S's on display.  I asked to look at one.  He told me not to rack the slide or dry fire it as potential customers are very finicky.  They want 'em untouched like Corvette buyers who have their cars delivered to their tiled, heated garages, pushed into place and the door closed. ::)  I just nodded, held the gun and handed it back.  Both guns were priced at $899.  The one I held had a serial number in the 270's.

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2005, 06:29:06 PM »
sslater
The following is not directed to  you
But your story reminded me of one of mine..this happened to me.  

At a Gun Show where I had holsters on display.  A picky customer jammed his gun in a new holster he was thinking about.  After about 20 jabs and snatches of the gun in and out of the holster, it began to fuzz up and drop leather flakes on the table covering.    He finally decided to buy.   But he didn't want THAT ONE,  it was not fresh..   Well, I don't need to tell you, but he got an ear full, and did  accepted that holster he had beat up..  

The same can happen to a gun,  a few people applying their favorite test to the fresh new gun, and you truly have a used looking gun..
RJ=

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2005, 06:47:13 PM »
I just got back from the Gibraltar Trade Center knife & gun show.  Hadn't been to one in a while.  Pickings were pretty slim re: ammo & supplies.
But one dealer had TWO R9S's on display.  I asked to look at one.  He told me not to rack the slide or dry fire it as potential customers are very finicky.  They want 'em untouched like Corvette buyers who have their cars delivered to their tiled, heated garages, pushed into place and the door closed. ::)  I just nodded, held the gun and handed it back.  Both guns were priced at $899.  The one I held had a serial number in the 270's.

Great price..Plus 6% tax = ballpark 950.00..

They appeared to be asking the "going" price at the moment.. :)

sslater-may I ask who the dealer was?

Any other goodies there? I have never went to that specific show..

I do not blame them for not wanting "excess" use of the guns..It does not take much to make a new gun look "used" without being used.. :o
Please know that I did not pull a trigger on my first R9 till it came into my dealer,and had already been payed for.. 8)

It was okay with me..And I do not regret for a moment.. ;D
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2005, 06:51:10 PM »
In Florida, I bought mine at Weapons Unlimited for 850. They are the huge dealer that sets up at the Suncoast Gun shows all over the state. They have had at least one or two at the past few shows. I can't wait for the Hedley pocket holster to become available again.

loliver-Welcome..

And a great price!! Do you have a State tax beyond that?If not,Extremely great.. ;D

Once again-Welcome.. 8)
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline sslater

• Master
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2005, 11:34:57 PM »
RJ,
No offense taken.  Thinking back over several years of gun shows, I see you are right about a thoughtless few spoiling things for the considerate majority.

sslater

Offline BlueGrips

• Expert
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2005, 06:34:08 PM »
I was at a gun show last month and was looking at a leather gun belt. The leathersmith requested me to just wrap it around my waist for test fit and not to buckle it, for obvious reason. I bought it and has yet to buckle the new belt! ;D  

Cheers!

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2005, 07:00:51 PM »
Was that Andrews?  He makes some nice stuff and he is protective of it too, at the shows..
RJ=

Offline BlueGrips

• Expert
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2005, 07:50:36 PM »
Was that Andrews?  He makes some nice stuff and he is protective of it too, at the shows..

It sure was Andrew, RJ, and he sure makes nice stuff. He also has been making me an SP-101 holster for the last 3 months  :-/ I saw his latest paddled holster collections and they are top notch. Very tempted to order one but the wait is killing me slowly.... Sorry for high-jacking the thread!  ;D

Cheers!

Offline loliver

« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2005, 05:45:50 PM »
Thanks for the nice welcome. The $850 price was without the 6% sales tax. I plan on buying one for the wife at the next show. The last cool cary/car gun I bought was a S&W airweight with Crimson trace grips. I showed her the neat gun when I got home, she put it in her purse and I havent seen it since. She tried to kidnap the R9 but I told her I would buy her her own.

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2005, 05:57:22 PM »
You're lucky, wish all wifes were like that..  I'm that lucky too.  ;D
RJ=

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2005, 06:38:43 PM »
loiliver:

I feel your pain with regard to the S&W Airweight.  I've been relieved of a North American Arms MiniShort .22 and a Seecamp .32 in much the same manner.    ;)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline PsychoSword

• Expert
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2005, 05:04:44 AM »
At the very least, you shouldn't have to pay more than $950 or $960 for a NIB R9S anymore.

Good news for us buyers.   ;D

I've never seen them sell online for over $900... I guess I missed all this...

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2005, 10:42:15 AM »
Richard S

Why don't you take her to Court over those Illegal seizures !

edit to add  ;D
« Last Edit: August 11, 2005, 10:43:22 AM by RHEDLEY »
RJ=