Author Topic: Dry Firing the Rohrbaugh 9mm  (Read 4303 times)

Offline MurrayNevada

• Expert
Dry Firing the Rohrbaugh 9mm
« on: June 17, 2004, 12:04:12 PM »
What does Rohrbaugh say about dry firing the R9/R9s?  Must a snap cap be used?  Can the trigger be pulled repeatedly or does the slide need to be recycled each time?

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
Re: Dry Firing the Rohrbaugh 9mm
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2004, 01:16:58 PM »
That's a good question,  I wish someone lucky enough to own one would give a response !!    
RJ=

Offline 9mil.mouse

• Expert
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2004, 02:24:37 PM »
Hi MurrayNevada, RJ and all on the forum,

"What does Rohrbaugh say about dry firing the R9/R9s?"

I specifically asked Eric about dry firing and he said 'Oh sure, go ahead and dry fire it, no problem.'  So I do.

"Must a snap cap be used?"

He didn't mention anything at all about using a snap cap, so I haven't bothered. I don't dry fire all that much.

" Can the trigger be pulled repeatedly or does the slide need to be recycled each time?"

The trigger re-sets each time it returns to its resting position  fully foreward, so the slide doesn't need to be recycled for another trigger pull and hammer fall. Of course, this also means if there were ever a failure to fire, all it would take is another trigger pull to have a second strike on the primer, which is nifty.  

Regards, 9mil.mouse, one of the LUCKY few who already has one of these slick little rigs.  

Offline MurrayNevada

• Expert
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2004, 08:42:11 PM »
9mil.mouse:
Thanks for the info and quick response.

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2004, 09:41:36 PM »
Using snap caps is never a bad idea. I always use them. They are fairly cheap, and I feel it is just prudent to do so if they are available.

Offline 9mil.mouse

• Expert
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2004, 02:41:15 PM »
GeorgeH,

Thanks, you're right, I have them, so I guess I should start using them for dry firing the Rohrbaugh.

"Using snap caps is never a bad idea. I always use them. They are fairly cheap, and I feel it is just prudent to do so if they are available."  -GeorgeH

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2004, 06:54:42 PM »
I agree with the use of snap caps.  For reasons I have difficulty explaining, I have never felt comfortable dry firing any pistol or revolver without them.

See you all in a week.  I'm off to the mountains to feed some trout.

RS
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"