Author Topic: Open invite to those with R9s on order...  (Read 7603 times)

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
Re: Open invite to those with R9s on order...
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2005, 03:36:13 PM »
TW - thank you Sir - most gracious. :)

Thinking about it - the more I look at the up and coming spring and summer, the more I realize how well filled will be the time - weekends of course in particular.  I fly model aircraft, I ride the bike (wife and I go off places a lot as well as rallies) ... and then shooting.  Hoping to do regular IDPA all this coming season, plus other shoots already in pipeline.

Heck - I'll have to re submit my vote for the 2 day working week and five day weekend! :P  I'll keep an eye on what may develop tho, that's for sure.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline PCA

• Expert
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2005, 04:33:21 PM »
Chris,

Ever look at the series on Discovery about Orange County Choppers?

I have one of them in the lobby of my office. $67,000.00 and you can have one too.

If I pick you up on that bike will you go to Rohrbaugh Fest?

Just kidding about picking you up but not about the bike. Can show you pictures of it if you wish.

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2005, 04:53:46 PM »
Phil - Orange County Choppers?? You bet!!!  Great program.  So you have one eh ... now I am gettin green round the gills! LOL.  I would much like to see a pic, please.

You might thusly be interested in THIS - it's a small mini site I put together for a good buddy of my son's ... who was thinking of selling his chopper (though, it didn't sell, and he did not shed tears!  He is going on to fit air-ride and enjoy it again this summer).

My son took some pics and some vid - and I converted the video into a small clip.  This is quite a machine - do go look at the site and hopefully enjoy. :) I have left it on server so a few other folks can look.  Its Ebay exposure yielded over 400 hits!
Chris - R9S
R9 FAQ Site

Offline PCA

• Expert
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2005, 05:14:34 PM »
Chris,

I am having problems getting pictures on this forum. May be at my end or I may just be stupid. Give me till tomorrow to show you pictures.

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2005, 05:35:04 PM »
Phil - AFAIK this board software has no provision for attaching files and so - only way is to hotlink from here to a hosted pic on a server elsewhere.  Let me know what your prob' is in case i can help.

Did you take a peek at the Big Bear from that link in my last post?  This is a link to the pic on opening page ... http://www.plethorapix.com/bigbear/images/0016-s.jpg
Chris - R9S
R9 FAQ Site

Offline PCA

• Expert
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2005, 07:34:17 PM »
Chris,

Got to go to watch Super Bowl. Yeah, I saw the bike. You will not be bested under any circumstances and I'm waving a white flag.

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2005, 08:02:12 PM »
Hehe ... not trying to ''best'' ya ...  :D  Just thought you might appreciate another nice chop!  Hope to see your pic sometime.
Chris - R9S
R9 FAQ Site

Offline PCA

• Expert
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2005, 07:02:59 AM »
Chris,

The difference between the bike I will show and the one you showed me is that mine is a corporate bike which looks very much like the one you attached.

The easiest way to forward pictures would for you to advise me your e-mail address, (privately if you wish), and I can attach photographs.

One of the photographs includes "Mikey" who is Paul's awkward son. Photos taken at the shop in Orange County, NY when the bike was picked up.

Offline Newt

• Master
  • NRA Benefactor Member & Cert. Pistol Instructor
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2005, 09:50:48 AM »
Hi TW, I live just outside Ocean City. I thankyou for the offer to shoot and if I get up your way I will contact you. I haven't heard from Eric lately but I'm glad to hear the Md. thing is on track. I did not want to bug him cause I know he's got alot on his plate rite now. I have a R9S at my FFL now but I can't bring it home till they are approved for sale and ownership in Md.
No matter how you struggle and strive, you will never get out of this world alive.