Author Topic: MILF  (Read 2255 times)

Offline glazier

MILF
« on: May 15, 2005, 12:13:38 PM »
Mine came in last Friday.  My R-9s was here!  As I drove to my Dealer/Range thoughts of all of the Forum posts I've read were running through my head.  It was Friday the 13th & whether coincidence or not, all of the 'jinx' type posts were foremost in my mind.  Will it look good?, will it shoot well?, and to me the Big One... is it Really as ammo sensitive as I believe?  

Fit and finish on my R-9s are perfect.  Obviously great care had been taken during production and final fitting.  I set the silhouette target waaaay out there at an eye squinting 7 yards.  As they say in the Gun Rags, all shooting was done offhand under perfect weather conditions. Each six shot string produced a respectable group of about 1.5 inches.  Double tap to the torso & one to the head, two to the head and a belly shot.  125 rounds later the whole drill was becoming somewhat tiring.  Recoil was manageable, but I knew I'd been shooting.  Maybe I fudged a little, but all ammo used was GDHP 115's & 147's that were dumped into my range bag and randomly stuffed into the mags.  Not a hitch or bobble in feeding or function!   ;D

Measure Twice...CUT Once!

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: MILF
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2005, 12:19:43 PM »
glazier:

Welcome, and congratulations!  Your first-time experience with the R9s mirrored my own.  The Rohrbaughs are truly impressive pieces of functional art.

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline jarcher

• Master
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2005, 02:44:15 PM »
Glad to hear it!  

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2005, 07:54:45 PM »
MILF!  ;)

Great report!  
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2005, 10:47:21 PM »
Glazier - I am delighted for you.  Good to hear too the 147's went thru Ok - I just have not gotten to trying them yet.

Welcome bigtime - the ''Pup Club".  ;D
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.