Author Topic: PUP Failure (Bad Broke)  (Read 4842 times)

Offline Verdugoman

• The Constitution, Words to live by!
PUP Failure (Bad Broke)
« on: February 17, 2016, 01:37:07 PM »
I was at the Range yesterday, fired off twelve rounds and the PUP broke. When I got home and disassembled it I found the the Hammer Strut had sheared. One part is still pinned in the Hammer, the rest of the strut was laying on top of the Plunger. :( The question now is where can I get a replacement Hammer Strut???

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
Re: PUP Failure (Bad Broke)
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 01:56:43 PM »
Remington now owns Rohrbaugh and handles the warranty and parts.  They contracted the repair and parts out to this company:

Williams Gun Sight inc
800-530-9028
PO Box 329
Davison MI 48423

Ask for Alex in Gunsmithing.

Offline Verdugoman

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 01:59:30 PM »
THANK YOU for that info.  I will call them today :)

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 08:30:05 PM »
Keep us informed as to whether or not Williams was able to help you. If not, I'll have to look around my Lincoln box from the shop. . . . I may have something lying around you can use if they can't help out.

ecr
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline MICHPATRIOT

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2016, 05:13:53 PM »
Williams will take care of your Pup, rest assured. ;)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 05:53:01 PM by MICHPATRIOT »

Offline Verdugoman

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2016, 03:47:04 PM »
I called Williams and ordered the part, got in the mail a few days later. The PUP is back in service. I see one other person on this forum has had the Hammer Strut  fail, is this  just a rare happening??, I hope so because the PUP is my EDC.

Offline MICHPATRIOT

• Expert
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2016, 06:56:14 PM »
I would stick with Speer Gold Dots Or Winchester silvertips, or other Major Brand standard pressure ammo...That Georgia stuff might be too hot or have a longer bearing surface on the bullet, causing higher pressure. The barrel is cut with freebore for a good reason, to reduce pressure..a long bullet will cover more of the freebore and spike pressures,  a good reason not to shoot 147gr. I would stick to 115 or 124gr Gold Dots or Silvertips..YMMV.

Mich.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2016, 07:01:24 PM »

You are spot on.

Offline MICHPATRIOT

• Expert
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2016, 09:34:11 PM »
I will admit to trying Winchester 147 ranger T...I was looking for less recoil for the wife, flawed reasoning was being a subsonic 147 shoots softer in many 9mm pistols. Not the case as far as I could tell with the R9 recoil was more pronounced, I stopped after 20 or 25 rounds. I staggered them with 115 and 124 gold dots and could tell which ones were the 147gr. Ive settled on 124 Gold dots.

Thread hijack end. ;)

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2016, 06:33:16 PM »
I called Williams and ordered the part, got in the mail a few days later. The PUP is back in service. I see one other person on this forum has had the Hammer Strut  fail, is this  just a rare happening??, I hope so because the PUP is my EDC.

It was rare Verdogo. . . . . Not to worry.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2016, 12:40:12 PM »
I fire nothing but Winchester Ranger "T" Series in my R9. but I wanted to see how it fed 147gr HST and during that range outing the barrel pin sheared.