Miscellaneous > The Water Cooler -- General Discussions

Everyone from Florida ok?

(1/2) > >>

jimacp:
Several of you were close to storm. Duane has checked in...anyone else?

dmobrien2001:
RJ was in the path as it went overland.  I heard that Winterhaven airport was hit hard.  I sent RJ some email, but he's not responded.  I assume he will check in once he gets power, surveys the damage, etc.

My son works on Captiva Island and was evacuated to Ft Meyers.  He tells me the island resort where he worked was hit hard. They aren't letting anyone back on the island yet as the bridges are closed...

DDGator:

RJ could be out of power, I guess.  He isn't too far from K-Man, who said damage in his area was minimal.

South of here had some real devastation -- Andrew-like.  The worst thing was that a lot of the areas hit were somewhat unsupecting -- the storm took a hard right turn away from the Tampa Bay area and increased from a Cat 2 to a Cat 4.

In fact, a lot of people fled this area and actually went into the path of the storm -- Polk County, the Orlando area, etc.

9mil.mouse:
Duane, I'm thankful you're O.K. Hoping the best for RJ.

flyandscuba:
No effects from Bonnie or Charley here in my part of the state.  We've got several agencies -- as well as Gulf Power crews -- gearing up to head down to assist those areas hit hard.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version