Author Topic: Long Island Shooting Center listing  (Read 6844 times)

Offline flyandscuba

• Master
  • Ivan, Dennis, and Katrina - enough is enough!
I'm not a gun expert -- but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night...

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Re: Long Island Shooting Center listing
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2004, 02:28:06 PM »
Hmmm,  when you read the fine print -- sounds like he doesnt have that in stock just yet.  Good price though.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline flyandscuba

• Master
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2004, 03:00:34 PM »
Yep, he orders them.  But says they are manufactured close by and the shipping rate is getting quicker.

I thought the price was as good as it's gonna get, so I placed an order for the R-9s. ;D

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2004, 03:02:42 PM »
Yeah, the Rohrbaugh factory is on Long Island.  I have already talked to Eric about stopping by the next time I am up there...

The price seems pretty good to me.   I wouldn't wait.  
Duane (DDGator)

Offline flyandscuba

• Master
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2004, 05:16:18 PM »
UPDATE:

** This post has been edited by flyandscuba to relieve potential tensions in business relationships **

Let's just say that my R9s will be shipped to a local dealer who is more responsive/attentive to my needs.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2004, 07:06:44 PM by flyandscuba »

Offline MurrayNevada

• Expert
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2004, 06:50:39 PM »
FlyandScuba:
I have had the complete opposite experience with Mike from the Long Island Shooting Center (LISC).  Mike has taken my call severy time I have dialed them.  He has taken his time and answered my many questions.  I plan to do a lot of future business with him.  

Offline flyandscuba

• Master
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2004, 07:09:37 PM »
Glad that you had success -- and that he got you as customer at least partly based upon my earlier recommendation of LISC.

I did not get the same responsiveness -- and have chosen to do my business elsewhere.

However, Eric Rohrbaugh -- and Rohrbaugh Firearms are great!!  They have fantastic customer service and I look forward to getting my R9s soon!

Offline L.I.SHOOTING_CTR.

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2004, 09:41:55 PM »
FLYANDSCUBA:

YOU DID CALL TWICE IN A ROW TODAY, AND YES, I WAS ON THE PHONE WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS BOTH TIMES.
WE DO SPEAK WITH ALL OF OUR CUSTOMERS PERSONALLY AT THE LONG ISLAND SHOOTING CENTER. WE TRY TO ANSWER EVERY QUESTION, AND HELP OUR CUSTOMERS WITH THEIR EVERY NEED. THIS FORM OF FRIENDLY PERSONAL SERVICE DOES TAKE TIME. WE WOULD BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS VIA E-MAIL IN A TIMELY FASHION.
OUR EMAIL ADDRESS IS email@lisc.net, OUR WEB SITE IS www.lisc.net WE LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU VERY SOON.

THANK YOU.

MIKE,
LONG ISLAND SHOOTING CENTER

BY THE WAY, I DID RECEIVE YOUR FAX AS WELL TODAY. VERY IMPRESIVE I MIGHT ADD. I WONDER WHO WROTE IT FOR YOU???? GOOD LUCK IN THE INSURANCE GAME.

Offline flyandscuba

• Master
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2004, 10:22:11 PM »
LISC,

Glad to see you jump in here!  Hmmm....I did leave a message and phone number for you both times I called.  I guess in an eight hour day it's too busy for you to call back? Especially when you knew from the manufacturer there was a question regarding my order?

As I promised Eric, I deleted the text of my previous post as a favor to him in an effort to relieve tensions -- even though it was completely factual -- and not in the form of any personal attack....just the facts.  A lot of good that did, I see.

Bottom line, I've taken my business elsewhere.  You did not honor the terms of your advertisement -- nor the understanding we had after our first phone call after placing my order -- you know, the one where I brought to your attention in the attached ad that credit cards are welcome, and no mention of "cash price" only?  You had my credit card number and my order -- and chose to not honor it because I wasn't going to pay extra for credit card use...after the fact.

Glad you got the fax ( I guess that means you don't really need -- or expect an email from me).  Yes I wrote it myself.  Speaking of writing -- a helpful hint -- all caps in an email/post makes it look like you're yelling.  Of course, WebTV users have difficulty with that, I'm told.

Your ad I responded to:

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v250/flyandscuba/GA_ad.jpg

BTW from the text of the ad -- it appears you're only passing along one magazine to your buyers, even though it comes from the factory with two...
« Last Edit: June 08, 2004, 10:49:10 PM by flyandscuba »

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2004, 01:03:33 AM »
PM sent to both of you...

Duane (DDGator)

Offline loandr.

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2004, 08:03:23 PM »
I dont know LISC nor have any dog in this fight, BUT I can say I have been buying and selling on every board out there(Im sure many are familiar w/ my handle)...have had quite a bit of free time over the last 4-5 yrs(retired early:-). anyhow Have done business with Scuba many times!, had him out to the house etc. etc. BILL is a stand up guy period. and cant believe he would take a stand on an issue unless it was vaild....I know 2 sides to every story, BUT Bill is JUST THAT trust worthy, sorry.
Loandr.
"Draw straight....Stay Sharp....and Always watch your back."

Offline cal45

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2004, 07:37:53 PM »
.........BTW from the text of the ad -- it appears you're only passing along one magazine to your buyers, even though it comes from the factory with two...

I noticed that in their ad, too....Kind of bush league to do that. What are they going to do? Announce that they have hard to get spare mags for sale???  ::)