Author Topic: Am I right in thinking ........  (Read 33235 times)

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
Re: Am I right in thinking ........
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2004, 01:57:31 PM »
haha ... I'll bear that in mind ...... keep it on the back burner - so to speak! :P ;D
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline Ratzo

• Forum Contributor
  • Expert
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2004, 11:24:03 PM »
I am a Retired Detective, 65yrs, and new to this site, Big, Big, difference from this Site to other site involving weapons, some of the other sites must be young and new to Guns, as they are talking about putting 200.00 dollar guns on Layaway and not sure about how to Load or Hold a weapon? Nothing wrong with putting things on layaway or saving for things, but I assume when you start buying 900.00 dollar guns you are past the age of (What I call throw away Guns).  This is the best site I have seen and everyone seems to get along and help each other. Thats were age comes in.

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2004, 11:36:57 PM »
Ratzo - welcome to the forum !  :)

Indeed, I think age is quite a factor for many of us.  Partly regarding the ability to afford such a gun, plus - I guess also we are beyond the age of b*tching and flaming too much! ;D

You may have gathered, we are for the most part enthusiasts . regarding the R9 .. tho I have to confess to also being an enthusiast over about another 60 firearms! ::) :P :D

Hope you enjoy and feel free to join in wherever possible.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2004, 11:38:15 PM by R9SCarry »
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2004, 08:57:42 PM »
Hi Ratzo:

Welcome to the board.

Offline Mr_Jody_Hudson

• Expert
« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2004, 10:18:06 PM »
Welcome aboard!  We have some pretty special people here, in keeping with our taste in firearms... simply the best!  ;D
Delaware Real Estate = http://www.Kate-Jody.com

Offline Ratzo

• Forum Contributor
  • Expert
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2004, 01:35:46 PM »
My R9 is coming on Monday, When I first seen it, I liked it, I have a 1st Generation Colt, made in 1901, a 4040PD Smith and a 32 Seecamp, I like quality Guns and because what I have been involved in during my work days, I will not put my life at Risk with a 200.00 dollar gun, there is a reason they are only 200 same as a Kia to a Cadillac, but back to the Gun, at least if you get into a Jam and have the R9 you will be on better ground then some Idiot with a throw away, my biggest concern on a Good gun is No Jamming when needed (Like they say take care of it and it will be there when needed). Even though I have been around weapons along time, I have learned alot from this Site.  Keep up the Good Work.  P.S. I like getting Older, same as Wine, Cars, and guns.  Thats why I am right in Thinking.

Offline Rocnerd

• Master
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2005, 08:49:59 PM »
I'm 32.  $900 isn't a drop in the bucket for me, but I'm willing to spend it if it will fill the niche that I think it will.  Besides, like I've read elsewhere on this site, $900 to save your life is a bargain at twice the price.  I'll pay it gladly, better start counting those pennies.

Offline doubletapMike

• Expert
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2005, 05:39:30 AM »
Well it seems that I came to the right group. It's true I guess that it's better to be lucky than good! I'm 53 and pretty happy I made it this far. I think the country is developing too fast and I wish we still had some horse's around, but I don't want to trade for a microwave, or pizza delivery. I don't think I could live without cable. Other than that I'd love a log Cabin. My wife say's the Lipitor is eating my brain. She could be right. Either that or one to many shot's to the cranium in Karate. Might be a little of both. Whatever, I'm happy and enjoying life the best that I can!!!
My Pop used to say," I don't know the answers, I'm just trying to understand the questions."

DoubletapMike
doubletapMike

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2005, 03:12:19 PM »
Welcome Mike, You will have fun here and gain in knowledge. As we age, we figure out the really important things in life. Family, friends, a good dog, fine firearms-with a purpose,good whisky,both Irish and Scotch,a nice red wine with a wild game dinner, a good book or two and maybe a fine cigar.     A log house in the mountains of Montana or Wyoming, with all the modern stuff would be nice! Speaking of Wyoming-Cody has a great museum. One could get lost in all the Wincester rifles, Colts and cowboy grear. Enjoy this forum with fine folks,their knowledge and wit while you wait for your R9.  Regards, Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline doubletapMike

• Expert
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2005, 08:06:57 PM »
That is some great advice if I ever heard any! Thanks Tom. Speaking of fine dogs, I have Two beautiful Golden retreivers and an aging but regal yellow Lab who just watches things happen as if they are beneath her to get involved in. She used to be quite a hunter in her day. Better than me. I think I embaressed her. All three are Females and they get along terrific. I'm so outnumbered here it's pathetic. ...

Mike
doubletapMike

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2005, 08:52:21 PM »
Getting a little older doesn't seem to matter much, as long as we can have nice things like the R9 and associate with the best people, like those visiting this board.

Thanks to all the nice people who make everybody of good will feel important and welcome.

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2005, 09:09:44 PM »
Mike, I have had 16 labs in the past. I trained and ran most of them in field trials and AKC hunting tests plus hunted over them. I now have one black male. We should be getting another one this fall. Labs are great because you can take them from the living room to the duck boat. Bill stay out of the sun or wear a hat!  The best, Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline doubletapMike

• Expert
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2005, 12:04:25 AM »
You're right Tom. Labs are great and they'll break your heart with those eyes. The Goldens don't care much to get dirty and if you look at them wrong they go on suicide watch. But they all have great temperments. They make great companions to sit by a warm fire at the end of a good day of shooting and hunting. We have a little mixture here called "Cafe Gates" which is coffee, Grand Marnier, and Kaluua. It sure smooths out the kinks after a long day in the field. And..the dogs love it too.

Mike
doubletapMike

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2005, 01:59:25 AM »
I love Goldens. Mine died two years ago. I'm looking for another.

Offline doubletapMike

• Expert
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2005, 04:54:02 AM »
GeorgeH, sometimes you would swear they are reading your mind. Just terrific companions. I would be lost without mine. The three of them are the "Kids"! They are loyalty personified, and are always glad to see you no matter how bad of a day you had. All of mine are AKC and getting them from a good breeder makes a big differance. I love to walk the trails in the woods with them. It really changes your perspective on what's important. I couldn't live withput them, but you can't get another too soon or the new one doesn't get a chance to develope. You keep comparing the new one to the old one, and thats not fair. I'm really lucky that my wife loves them even more than me.
You have to watch it, though. They are smart. if they figure out how to use the speed dial on the phone, you'll come home to pizza deliverys and they'll all be watching the animal planet up on the couch!

Mike
doubletapMike