Author Topic: A Personal Observation  (Read 5471 times)

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
A Personal Observation
« on: March 29, 2014, 04:00:11 PM »
Since March 6, 2014, I have been sitting in hospital critical and intensive care units watching my beloved wife fight for her life following a routine surgical procedure gone horribly wrong.  I have therefore not had the time or opportunity to support the Administrator of this Forum as I would have liked in his effort to deal with the attacks against him and Team Rorbaugh concerning the sale of the company.  I have nonetheless managed to read some of the exchanges and have reached a conclusion.

This Forum used to be a collegial gathering place for Rohrbaugh enthusiasts.  It is so labeled on the opening page.  Lately, however, a few so-called members, some of them new, have seemed intent on turning the Forum into a place for attacks against Rohrbaugh products, the Rohrbaugh brothers, and the Administrator himself.  Those individuals will know who they are. To them I can do no better than to quote Oliver Cromwell in his April 1653 address to England's Rump Parliament:

“You have been here too long for any good you have been doing lately. Depart, I say; and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!”
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Svarog

Re: A Personal Observation
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 04:56:43 PM »
+1
I would also like to express my opinion.I recently registered to this forum. But, If you do not like this forum or moderator, why torture yourself ? On the Internet a lot of other gun forums where you will be happy. You don't have to come here and bring your  negativity. I'm not telling you what to do ,but watch and read your attack on the moderator and your whining is already tired. It's his forum and he runs it as best as he can. On other forums you would have already been banned.

Offline trident

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 05:46:44 PM »
I am new here too.

I purchashed 2 r9 and came here to post information on how ammunition performs in the r9 as I have access to many test mediums in a test lab.

Now its all chaos and true information is being lost to BS  and yes I did add a bit , but until their is  information direct  from the confirmed " new factory " , I am out of the drama game.

Online tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 05:58:45 PM »

The irony of this verbal firestorm is that all of the venom and diatribe, and, yes, even some constructive criticism, has done absolutely nothing to change the facts or fix the problem; only spleens have been vented in an ineffective attempt to fix the blame in the wrong place: this forum. To state the obvious this is not the factory or customer service. The Rohrbaugh door has been closed and only another party can open it or not. It is time to get a life and move on.

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2014, 06:06:34 PM »
I am a semi-retired critical care physician and can tell you all that the drama over a firearm that will likely rise, like the Phoenix, from the ashes even better than before simply pales in comparison with the fear, uncertainty, stress and anger that Richard now endures.  God bless both you and Joyce Richard.  Our thoughts are with you.
John
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2014, 01:45:30 AM »
I don't know you Richard, but I  hope and pray the best for your wife and you sir.

I hope I have not offended you with my comments sir.

Best regards.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline CaptBW

• Master
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2014, 06:42:41 AM »
Richard, my thoughts and prayers are with you.
ACTA NON VERBA

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2014, 09:49:19 AM »
A few observations of my own and then I will go

-Richard, you are a gentleman and I wish the best for you and your wife.

-The customer service I received when I had a defective R9 over 4 years ago was handled very poorly by Rohrbaugh and I will never forget it.  I have never been treated like that before or since over an obviously defective product.   Everyone must admit that Rohrbaugh does turn out a few pistols that just will not work and many will not.

-As an Engineer I cannot understand why Rohrbaugh having a very good pistol and just a few small design changes away from a great one refuses to take those steps.  I am talking about the too small  grip screws, poorly designed grips that everyone who shoots their gun changes, grip screws tapped directly into the alloy frame, and the poorest barrel quality in the industry.

-Duane, as an Attorney you must admit that defending the indefensible is a tough task.  I believe that the way that this sale has been handled is indefensible.  I am sure that this is not the fault of the Rohrbaughs as it is obviously out of their hands.  But defending it with insults and threats will only make the problem worse as we have seen.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 10:01:23 AM by MRC »

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2014, 10:39:42 AM »

-Duane, as an Attorney you must admit that defending the indefensible is a tough task.  I believe that the way that this sale has been handled is indefensible.  I am sure that this is not the fault of the Rohrbaughs as it is obviously out of their hands.  But defending it with insults and threats will only make the problem worse as we have seen.

I believe my position has been exceptionally clear.  I think sometimes people only read half of what I write.

I am geting tired, yes.   I have some thinking to do.

Thanks.
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com