Author Topic: Designer Grips  (Read 3602 times)

Offline Brian

• Sharpshooter
Designer Grips
« on: July 20, 2014, 03:16:21 PM »
Hi Everyone,

Since posting my first set of Carbon Fiber (CF) Grips for sale on this forum I have had some responses asking me about Designer Grips.   I thought it would be best to post my story here.

I purchased Designer Grips from Paul H. in mid 2013.  At that time my wife and I were in the process of down sizing from a home we had lived in for almost 30 yrs.  I had been producing Seecamp grips for a few years in Stingray, Alligator, Snake, etc. so even though the timing was bad, with the move looming, I took the plunge.  I spent time with Paul to learn what I could and came home expecting to move and then begin grip production within a few weeks.........  Boy was I wrong.

In September, I was diagnosed with stage 4 skin cancer.  (Metastatic Melanoma in forearm, bicep and also the lungs.)  I got into a test study program in October but my reaction to the treatment was far outside the normal "bad reaction" curve and in January I was rushed to the hospital with a burst colon.  I spent 46 days in the hospital and rehab. and am still not healed up properly. 

On the good side, the cancer in the arm has disappeared and in the lung it has stopped growing.  On the down side, I have been extremely limited in my ability to make it down to my basement workshop to make grips.  So if you want grips, please be patient.

Designer Grips currently makes grips in various colors using real Carbon Fiber with a reflective metallic thread woven in to the material.   Colors include: Black, Red, Blue, Silver, Gold, and Purple.  We are currently limiting production to Rohrbaugh, Seecamp, Walther PPKS, CZ 82 & 83, Makarov, P-64, and Bursa Thunder.  Others will follow.   

Please keep in mind that the Designer Grips web page has not been updated and availability and prices are not accurate at this time.  You are welcome to email me at the address below if you have any questions.

I hope this answers the "where has Designer Grips been for the last year" questions.

Regards.
Brian
Brian@designergrips.com
http://designergrips.com/

Offline scar2783

• Sharpshooter
  • MS
Re: Designer Grips
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 12:08:49 AM »
Thanks for the update Brian. Hope you're doing well and gaining strength. Saw that you at one time offered black carbon grips for the AMT .45 Back Up. If you add them back into the mix at some point, please let me know. My email is scar2783@yahoo.com

Have a great summer!

Mark
Mark