Author Topic: Holster front or rear??  (Read 3864 times)

Offline Bobs_classic

Holster front or rear??
« on: January 01, 2010, 12:35:41 AM »
How does everyone carry there R9 ?? In a front pocket or rear pocket holster??? I'm picking up a R9 next week and dont know which one to get. Will buy from Robert meco as I have in the past,thanks Bob

ccoorreeyy

Re: Holster front or rear??
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 04:47:22 AM »
I use a front pocket most of the time. He also makes a great IWB rig too!

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 10:32:50 AM »
I use a rear pocket holster and carry it in the front pocket.  I like the back panel; made by meco.  Also have the front pocket holster from meco; just like the rear one better.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 11:27:13 AM »
I also use a so-called "back-pocket" holster for my R9, which I usually carry in my right front pocket. I've always considered the "back-pocket" label to be a misnomer for this holster design. The concept of a counterprint panel, I believe, was originally developed by the legendary Chick Gaylord. The concept was later perfected by R. J. Hedley, who had become a legend in his own right before his untimely death last year.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, 12:28:56 PM »
I think the front pocket carry gives a person more options.  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline sslater

• Master
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2010, 11:48:41 PM »
Front pocket most of the time, and a little carbon fiber crossdraw paddle holster for driving.
I can't see a back pocket carry as being practical or comfortable.  Besides, if you get knocked or fall on your butt, landing on a lump of metal could really cause damage to your body.....

Steve

Offline Recluse

• Expert
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2010, 11:47:32 PM »
Just personal preference.  It's more natural for me in the back pocket, both for carrying and for withdrawing quickly.

That being said, I use both front and rear pocket holsters.  If I'm going to be mostly standing and walking, always rear pocket carry.  If I'm going to be sitting/driving, I may switch to the front pocket.

My front pocket holsters still work just fine in the rear pocket, so it's easy to switch back and forth throughout the day, depending on what I'm doing.

If I had to pick just one, I'd say........ ???

I'm really not sure.

I'm glad I have both!

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2010, 01:55:29 AM »
  Front pocket or OWB.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2010, 07:53:11 AM »
Front pocket most of the time, and a little carbon fiber crossdraw paddle holster for driving.
I can't see a back pocket carry as being practical or comfortable.  Besides, if you get knocked or fall on your butt, landing on a lump of metal could really cause damage to your body.....

Steve

I agree 100%.  
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln