Author Topic: looking to be a new owner  (Read 11837 times)

Offline billmc

Re: looking to be a new owner
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2012, 04:53:39 PM »
Socialwork,

I just sent you a PM.  It just so happens, I'll be coming into town for the next couple of days.  Give me a call.

Bill

Offline socialwork911

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2012, 05:21:33 PM »
emailed you back..thanks

Offline billmc

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2012, 05:41:08 PM »
Try again, I didn't get it.

Offline socialwork911

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2012, 05:54:31 PM »
sent again..let me know if you get it..thanks Barry

Offline socialwork911

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2012, 09:25:18 PM »
Bill(billmc) and I did meet up today to shoot his pup...thanks again bill, really appreciated it....the 9 had a bit too much recoil for me...over all fit and finish of the gun is great, I'll let bill provide a full range report

.....may consider it in 380....still up in the air....my LGS only sold one type of 380 ammo..what's up with that?

great time at the range..hope we can get together again Bill

Barry

Offline Buffalo

• Expert
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2012, 04:20:46 PM »
Hi,
I'm new to this forum and just ordered my Rohrbaugh r9s Tribute today... ordered unseen, unfired!

I've read many of the posts here and I too had a little trouble getting one until I reached out to the company.
There are no dealers in my area that sell them so I contacted the company and they were really good in helping
me.  All I had to do was find a FFL in my area give him the deposit and the FFL ordered the gun for me.  There's
a backorder so I have to wait awhile but looking forward to it.

When I went to two different LGS they both tried to sell me other guns such as the Sig P290 I think and the Kahr CW9.
I have a few including the PM9 and knew what I wanted so I was a little put off and did not understand why they were not helping me with what I wanted so I left and went straight to Rohrbaugh for help.

The price I've seen posted here from Socialworker911 ($1395) for the r9s Stealth is actually the price I'm paying for the Tribute plus a small FFL dealer fee.  The FFL I'm using just enjoys guns and shoot so I'm guess the other dealers didn't want to order the gun for me because they would not have a nice markup.... just my opinion.

However, I would like to hear about anyone else who may have had a similar problem.
“If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
― The Dalai Lama (May 2001)

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2012, 05:02:15 PM »
Buffalo

Welcome to the forum!

I hope you receive your tribute edition soon. I know it took a while for mine to come in and was worth the wait.  :)

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2012, 05:50:57 PM »
Hi,
I'm new to this forum and just ordered my Rohrbaugh r9s Tribute today... ordered unseen, unfired!

I've read many of the posts here and I too had a little trouble getting one until I reached out to the company.
There are no dealers in my area that sell them so I contacted the company and they were really good in helping
me.  All I had to do was find a FFL in my area give him the deposit and the FFL ordered the gun for me.  There's
a backorder so I have to wait awhile but looking forward to it.

When I went to two different LGS they both tried to sell me other guns such as the Sig P290 I think and the Kahr CW9.
I have a few including the PM9 and knew what I wanted so I was a little put off and did not understand why they were not helping me with what I wanted so I left and went straight to Rohrbaugh for help.

The price I've seen posted here from Socialworker911 ($1395) for the r9s Stealth is actually the price I'm paying for the Tribute plus a small FFL dealer fee.  The FFL I'm using just enjoys guns and shoot so I'm guess the other dealers didn't want to order the gun for me because they would not have a nice markup.... just my opinion.

However, I would like to hear about anyone else who may have had a similar problem.

A lot of dealers do not know anything about Rohrbaugh............ ::)
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2012, 07:22:04 PM »
Welcome to the forum Buffalo  :)

Unfortunaltely some dealers and retailers just don't get it.  Having been a dealer myself once and in retail for 13 years, you gain customers by taking care of THEIR needs not yours.  Then you have repeat customers.

Selfish dealers like you mentioned just lost a customer.

Glad you stood your ground, you will not regret it.
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2012, 04:00:32 PM »
Buffalo:

What Reinz said!   8)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"