Rohrbaugh Products and Accessories > Cleaning and Maintenance of the R-9

Break In

(1/3) > >>

rtw:
Is there a special break-in procedure that seems to be "best"?

What to grease, what to lube?

Favored Greases and lubes?

Thanks.

R9SCarry:
The gun is assembled using ''Superlube'' according to Eric and .... I'd really not think there is any special break-in proceedure .... just shoot it! :)

After use and clean ... which incidentally IMO does not have to  be every single time out .... I relube sparingly .. and smear a very light coat of either Militec1 or Rig grease to slide rails.  There is little else that requires lube every time.

I would add ... if gun in carry mode a lot then a clean for lint is worthwhile .... another good reason in fact for keeping lube to a minimum ... too much and the lint sticks better. :P

Over and above this small 2c .. I'll see what others have to add.

GeorgeH:
As to break-in: just shoot the gun.

As to lube: I like Militec-1.

dmobrien2001:

--- Quote ---As to lube: I like Militec-1.

--- End quote ---

I used to like Militec, but it seems to "burn off" my PM9 after around 100 rounds leaving the little pistol high and dry and tight (meaning fail to return to battery).  I've been using Tetra Gun Grease (rub it in, rub it in) and that seems to do the trick.

Richard S:
dmobrien:

Once recently when I was working with Tetra at the kitchen table, my dearly beloved wrinked up her pretty little nose and pointedly asked me to move myself, my pistol, and the Tetra either out to the porch or upstairs to my den.  Since then, I've been using Ballistol, which seems to have an odor she finds more acceptable.  If she ever starts to complain about Ballistol, I've got a can of WonderLube in my cleaning box.  (That stuff smells a lot like talcum powder to me.)

RS  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version