Rohrbaugh Products and Accessories > Cleaning and Maintenance of the R-9

Must Have Items...

(1/14) > >>

Brenden:
I know that this has been discussed in other threads.but a list of needed items for cleaning,disassembly,would be great..

I am attempting to get "parts" ready for arrival of my R9s..

Thanks in advance!! :)

DDGator:

Well, I will start with the "as of yet non-existing" takedown tool!

R9SCarry:
Haha . Duane - you are forgetting the chop-stick ''tool''.  Honestly . the bottom 2" where there is usually a taper - works a treat.  It'll keep me going for ever if truth known!

Brenden .. really I can't think of much else ... assuming that is you have cleaning gear suitable for handguns already.  Dissassembly might - for some - be made a tad easier by possession of a small vice with soft leather jaw liners ..... not that I have used a vice yet myself.  Toothpicks, toothbrush and ''Q'' tips otherwise will (should IMO) see you with a good complement of equipment.  Oh and, the best you already have ..... MkII human hands!

Actual cleaning liquids etc ... again you may have stuff already but - #9, G96, CLP, Rig, Militech1 .. these things all help the clean-up process.

Any specific questions?  Bring em on back. :)

Brenden:
Yea-I have all my favorite cleaning stuff..

Just wondering EVERYTHING that has made the R9 disassembly,assembly easier and more convenient..

i.e. Takedown tool,size of punch,chopsticks( ;D) ect.

Just trying to make things easy on myself!! 8)

RJ HEDLEY:
 The absolute great aid for me is the third hand offered from a small vice with leather padded jaws.  Mine has a base that allows any angle that may be needed.  I will post a photo later.  

Anyone needing free leather for their vice,  drop me a line.

For a source of a Vice, See>>  http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/YaBB.cgi?board=Cleaning;action=display;num=1095004979

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version