Author Topic: Benelli R1  (Read 1887 times)

Offline johnny

• Master
Benelli R1
« on: January 18, 2019, 09:04:16 PM »
  Any one out here have a Benelli R1 in 300wsm?
      I have one and I have had it for some years now. Fortunately I had ordered a spare mag,mainly because we are some of the few remaining hunters who still drive deer up here in northern Wisconsin.
      What I am beginning to notice is those mags are becoming few and far between.So just a heads up I guess if you have been thinking about getting a spare mag for your R1,might not want to wait too long.

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
Re: Benelli R1
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 08:16:48 PM »
I feel your pain, I own a Browning Acera.  Was able to get one factory magazine shipped to me, that is their limit.  Bought the gun new without one for a heck of a deal.  Had to ask two other buddies to call Browning with a sob story about how 'their' magazine got lost or broke to acquire a couple more.  Some guns are not popular enough for the aftermarket to kick in and those of us who own them suffer.

Offline johnny

• Master
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 06:27:59 AM »
 I agree.Twenty twenty hindsight I should have picked up probably around four or five at the outset.
     There were a group of us that drove deer the Monday and Tuesday of rifle season up here in upper part of Wisconsin.A pretty much lost 
 tradition now.Most of us had Remington pumps or semi autos.We always carried 4 or 5 mags with us on drives.
      Ironically I was at a gun show about a month ago and those same old mags were demanding a good price.

Offline johnny

• Master
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 07:53:48 PM »
  Boy, I looked that up.Seems like a real deal.The person wants them to move.Brand new!
    Could be a good deal for a couple guys to go in on it.