Author Topic: RJ Hedley RIP  (Read 4995 times)

Offline JJ62

• Sharpshooter
RJ Hedley RIP
« on: September 06, 2009, 10:43:59 AM »
I was asked to post this on behalf of the Hedley family

One of the Greatest Holster Makers that ever lived, Robert J Hedley, (1931-2009)

On Friday September 4, 2009 we lost a great man, father, friend, teacher, and holster maker.  We thank you all for the respect and love you showed to our Dad. He made a lot of genuine friendships through this forum.

Services will be held at Kersey’s Funeral Home in Auburndale, FL on Thursday September 10th, at 6pm.  Our family is asking that in lieu of flowers a donation be made to the Good Shepard Hospice, they were a true blessing on that final day.  www.goodshepherdhospice.org

Sincerely,
Lou Ellen
Lyle Keith
Cass Kevin
Lisa K
Samantha Jo

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
Re: RJ Hedley RIP
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 01:02:55 PM »
truly a sad day here for all of RJ's friends and family. May he rest in peace, we all have such good memories of his sage advice and humor.  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline dr16

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 02:19:40 PM »
Many good thoughts and memorys are still about!

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 06:53:27 PM »
Joyce and I send our thoughts and prayers to RJ's family.

Rest in peace, dear friend.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2009, 09:57:05 PM »
To RJ's family, Jeane and I send our prayers and are certainly thinking of you at this time.  RJ will be missed.

Our friend, do rest in peace.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline bigyimmy

• Expert
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 12:52:42 PM »
I have not posted in awhile and I have often wondered how RJ was doing.  I was hoping to find a positive update on him when I checked the message board today.  

May the Lord bless RJ and his family and be with them during this rough time.  May RJ rest in peace and be with the almighty father in eternal life.  Godspeed RJ we will miss you, but we also know you went to a higher calling.

Respectfully,
Jim

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2009, 03:26:40 PM »
Voice from ages ago here!  

I had a PM from Jim (last poster) as he thought his post had been 'disappeared' - seems it is here just fine.

That however alerted me to this sad news.  Dear RJ was best I remember one of our very early members, along with Richard S (hi to you Sir) ...... and Hi also to Irishguard (Hi Tom), and a good few others too.

I add my own condolences to the Hedley family and can only say that it was a privilege to have "known" RJ, and well remember some of the innovative gadgets he came up with, one of which I recall is on my (now rather outdated) site on the R9.  Some good memories.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry I do not attend much at all these days - partly time but also a case of as I may have explained before - 'forum burnout'.  I used to spend a lot of time here and a couple of others too but reached the point where (as proven by my absurd post count!) I had pretty much exhausted all my energy and material.

I wish all best to my old friends - and am still as proven by this missive the right side of the grass!  I do get email notifications so in a sense am not totally outa touch.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2009, 07:30:06 AM »
Chris:

It is very good to hear from you again, although the circumstances here are truly sad. RJ was a great and good friend and a master gunleather craftsman whose skill has benefited so many of us. There was also one thing about RJ which he never discussed and which few people knew. He was one of our nation's true heroes, having been awarded the Bronze Star while serving in the Korean War. The officer recommending him for that high award was then Major John Eisenhower, son of General of the Army and 34th President of the United States, Dwight D. Eisenhower.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2009, 12:23:22 PM »
Thx Richard ..... I certainly was not aware of RJ's decoration ... richly deserved I am sure.

He will be fondly remembered by a great many, I know that.

Take care.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2009, 12:27:03 PM »
Chris, good to see you on the forum, even tho it's bad news. Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline Billmack

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2010, 05:40:20 PM »
My condolences to RJ’s family.  I’ll miss him.

Bill