Author Topic: How to post pictures?  (Read 2855 times)

Offline tattoo

• Master
How to post pictures?
« on: December 31, 2018, 08:03:54 PM »
I am about to have a bunch or rohrbaugh stuff for sale and want to post pics.  Any help would be appreciated.  Ps I have some killer stuff that people will want for sure. Or maybe almost die to get there hands on. 👍🏻

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
Re: How to post pictures?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 08:32:37 PM »
Mike you have a couple of choices to post pictures.

First, this program has an option where it will let you post a picture directly from your computer.  Click the 'button' below the text screen that is labeled 'Attachments and other options'.

That will give you a few more options for your post, one of them is the 'Attach:'.  Under that you will see a "Browse" button that accesses your computer and allows you to attach a picture to the post.  I usually copy pictures I want to post to my desktop ahead of time, makes them easier to find.

Second you can use a picture hosting website like Photobucket.  There you upload your pictures to your album, then get a link which you can insert into your post for them to appear. 

The far left button just above the  :)  that looks like a picture in a frame allows you to copy a web-address of a picture and insert it into a post.

I hope this helps, if not call me on the phone and I will walk you through it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 08:34:40 PM by MikeInTexas »

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 11:03:28 AM »
I posted this in another thread, thought I would post it up here to help others who might be looking for the same answer.

If you want to use pictures saved on your computer, click on the 'Attachments and other options' button below.

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2019, 11:05:31 AM »
That will bring up a drop down menu where you can then select the pictures you want to post up, total of 4 in single posting.  Click the 'Browse' feature and it open a window on your computer to make selections from.
(Note: The preview function may not work with pictures.)

« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 11:07:14 AM by MikeInTexas »

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2019, 09:49:41 AM »
Thanks Mike.  I tried this with pictures from my picture file (Windows computer) that were taken with a Samsung digital and others taken with my IPAD.  All were too big to load.  Isn’t there a resizing app that is effective?
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2019, 11:33:11 AM »
I am also using Windows and a Samsung.

I know that there is probably a lot better way, and some may chime in with it, but I am pretty simplistic and like to use Windows Paint for that.

My operating system came with it standard and it's a fairly basic and easy to use program.  Those photos I posted above were edited with it, arrows added, etc.

I just right click on the picture icon, that brings up a drop down menu, click on the 'Open with........" button and select Paint.

Once I pull up the photo in Paint, I then use the resize tool to shrink it down to what I need.  I've never tried the 3D Paint.

A quick way to check the size of the picture, right click on it, then select the "Properties" button at the bottom of the menu.  The size information is contained in the report it pulls up.  You can also easily change the file name there as well.

I hope this helps (or doesn't and I will try and correct it.)

« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 11:37:48 AM by MikeInTexas »