Author Topic: Hello...  (Read 11642 times)

Offline PursuitSS

• Expert
Re: Hello...
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2006, 10:16:01 AM »
Here is the IM I sent to Jessica:

Welcome aboard Jessica!  

That being said, I've "bit my tongue" for two days now and finally made my decision to respond.  

I'm a "Cop" and with you posting photos in a bikini  AND posting your FULL name and what city & state you live in makes me nervous. Any dirtbag on the net can run across your post. I would suggest that you edit out your last name and city.

Please don't take this as criticism, it's just that I tend to be overly cautious/protective with single CUTE women.

Again, welcome aboard and you do have a talent for understanding firearms which is rare (AND refreshing) in younger women.

PursuitSS

If you find it objectionable, please advise!

PursuitSS
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 10:18:29 AM by PursuitSS »
NRA Endowment Member
Moderator - “80%” Forum AR15.com

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2006, 12:19:53 PM »
Thx Pursuit - nothing wrong with that - far from it.  A most altruistic communication.

I guess there is an attempt to clutch at straws and try and understand where things could have gone south.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2006, 12:31:38 PM »
Pursuit:

That doesn't appear to be objectionable to me.  Thanks for the clarification.  

The Forum apparently has "a troll or two lurking under the bridge."  Thankfully, they have been relatively rare around here.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline PursuitSS

• Expert
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2006, 01:57:58 PM »
After Jessica posted about being upset I sent her this IM:

I hope my comment to you did not upset you. I see that you are upset with a comment(s).

I support women shooting, I talked my wife and her sister into playing/practicing with my HK MP-5 9mm submachine gun. The first match they entered was the 1997 Fall Knob Creek Open, my wife took first place and her sister came in second.

Again, I hope my comments about removing your last name and city did not upset you.

PursuitSS
NRA Endowment Member
Moderator - “80%” Forum AR15.com

Offline mtarnold5

« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2006, 02:42:26 PM »
PursuitSS,

Definitely nothing wrong with your PM's......in fact I thought of pm'ing her the same sort of thing.  I hope this experience has not scared her off, as it would be a shame. I also find it refreshing to see women shooters. I finally talked my wife into getting her ccw permit. She carries an NAA .32 in her purse. While it is not the best weapon for defense........it is what she was comfortable with.

Take care, Mike Arnold

Offline capt.koolaid

• Expert
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2006, 06:15:11 PM »
R-9 Girl, You obviously have a fanclub here. Your Hello thread was generated as a hot topic. True the pics posted probably helped that but hey, Maybe Ill send Blue grips a pic of me in my speedo to post too! :). Try not to be thin skinned. This is a firearm forum with alot of good info on it! If you choose to leave you can still browse for info. Personaly, Like you, I noticed "phantom posts" here and elsewhere on the board. I also got a few negative P.M.s in my time here. You may wanna consider posting those P.M.s! If the folks lack the stones to post thier objections for all to see, Id say that says volumes of any "credibility" on thier part! :P

Offline riffraff

• Master
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2006, 07:48:22 PM »
We have close to 1000 registered for the board.  It could have been anybody.  It/they have probably never even actually posted here.

Mike
NRA Benefactor Member
FCSA Life Member

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2006, 08:12:12 PM »
The members list have a lot of ?MEMBERS? that need to be purged / Flushed..   Take a look under the "S"'s  for example..
RJ=

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2006, 08:19:39 PM »
Indeed RJ - I wonder about many - I have noticed occasional screwball names now and again and mentioned those to Duane - who has taken care of things.

AFAIK - anyone can lurk - I invariably see ''guests'' - so in a sense, if members are on the list for months and never even posted - could just be a purge is in order.  Won't stop folks reading.

I can't do any purge myself.
Chris - R9S
R9 FAQ Site

Offline jarcher

• Master
« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2006, 08:19:40 PM »
Well please don't purge people just for inactivity after a few months.  I probably would have been purged a while ago!  I come and go as my time permits.  Sometimes I get out of the habit but I make it back.

I also run a small BB and usually the fake/spam members are clear from their web URL.  

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2006, 08:32:33 PM »
I was refering to names like,  "sexy_girl_ Hottie"  With  no posts, ever!  As a member, they can use the PM feature.  

JUST my thoughts.. :)
RJ=

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2006, 08:41:12 PM »
Two valid points - Jim I would if given the chance only purge those will stupid handles and zero posts over many months - it is they who have access they do not deserve - instance an ability to send PM's.  That is why I wish Jessica would respond and let me or Duane know if this occurred.

RJ - yes - that example of yours is typical sad to say.
Chris - R9S
R9 FAQ Site

Offline S.F._Phantom

« Reply #57 on: October 14, 2006, 09:41:23 PM »
Hey capt.koolaid,

You posted  "I noticed "phantom posts" here"

OUCH, that hurts, remember, I'm from California, I'm a sensitive kind of guy.... :'(

Just kidding  :)

Oh ya, I do know what you were saying and I agree with you.
We Are The Pilgrims, Master;We Shall Go Always A Little Further

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2006, 09:32:16 PM »
I think Jessica really meant "good-by"; that entire thread was
both very curious, interesting, and unfortunate--one never
knows. I would hope that after all the furor that she could
share the source of the ims with us; if she doesn't choose to
do this then one has to ask about the real deal.

In any case this forum will continue to thrive and survive
despite a few road bumps along the way.  

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2006, 10:18:10 PM »
I was disappointed that she did not explain the cause, especially since all were concerned about what happened.

It looks like the end of the matter.  Without an explanation, nothing can be fixed.

Bill