Author Topic: Do Rohrbaugh's Really Exist?  (Read 5286 times)

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: Do Rohrbaugh's Really Exist?
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2009, 08:35:07 AM »
With all the recommendations that theirishguard receives I would have no problem ordering one from him; but I am hesitant to spend $1K+ on a pistol that I haven't at least handled and fondled.

I'll just keep on keeping my eyes out for one; in the meantime my P7 for main carry and LCP for pocket carry will have to do.

Just for the record in case it's of any help, I ordered the R9 shown above in 2002 just after reading an article, with photograph, of the prototype which had just been unveiled at SHOT 2002. I waited two years for it to arrive.  No regrets -- absolutely no regrets. And I'm not the only one around here who has purchased their R9 sight unseen. My advice: "Get ya' one." After all, it's almost Christmas. Speaking of which, have a merry one!  8)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2009, 10:30:14 AM »

I'll just keep on keeping my eyes out for one; in the meantime my P7 for main carry and LCP for pocket carry will have to do.

It's your decision, of course.  However, in the meantime, you're missing the experience of a great little pistol.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2009, 11:54:06 AM »
  I bought a .380 totally sight unseen. Not only had I never seen one, but no one in this neighborhood had ever even heard of one! When I did read of one I started doing some research and soon discovered this forum. That was all it took! I also found Tom Watson's name showing up almost as often as the pistols. That was enough! I called Tom and bought a .380 (which I dearly love!!). Three weeks later I got a R9s from him. Anyway, my advice is to buy the gun. You'll be very glad you did.   Gene     ps Where the hell is my R45.  Please
birdman

Offline P7Enigma

• Master
  • VENI VIDI VICI
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2009, 12:06:37 PM »
Maybe someone on this board lives in your area in which maybe they would let you "take a test drive".....
DISCLAIMER The above post is not to be taken lightly nor seriously. Any readers "interpretation" of the post was purely intentional

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2009, 12:11:32 PM »
    ps Where  is my R45.  Please

Gene.  Patience is a virtue.   :)    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2009, 12:42:08 PM »
I too bought my first R-9 sight unseen...   ;)

In fact, I started this forum before ever laying my hands on an R-9.  

If you read this forum, look at the pics, and can handle the price -- and still think you want one -- its highly unlikely that you will be disappointed.
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2009, 02:01:33 PM »
Alot of us will be doing the same thing again when the R45 comes out.

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2009, 02:17:32 PM »
   Almost forgot, welcome to the forum AB! Buy the gun you'll never regret it. You can't even lose money on them.  Gene
birdman

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2009, 10:01:28 PM »
Excellent point made by kjtrains. I have sent my $100 deposit to Tom Watson and I have no idea what the R45 will look like nor the cost.

I think members in this forum will agree that Rohrbaugh products are superior and it is germane, for those in the know, to make this leap of faith despite that the earliest we will even know what the R45 looks like will be at the SHOT show held next month.

Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2009, 12:15:55 AM »
Ummmm... While the R-45 is "in the works," it will definitely NOT be shown at SHOT.  Sorry folks -- they are not that close yet.
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline alienbogey

« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2009, 05:03:57 PM »
R45 ? ? ?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 05:04:33 PM by alienbogey »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2009, 07:06:50 PM »
Check the R45 threads here on the Forum.

Offline Fat Boy

• Expert
  • R9s Stealth
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2009, 08:24:58 PM »
I completely agree, I had to see one first before I was going to shell out that kind of cash.  Here in MN there were two dealers that carried a Rohrbaugh, one is an authorized dealer and the other is secondary market.  good luck finding one.
Good Luck,
Fat Boy
EDC: HTC Touch Pro, Rohrbaugh R9, Dereelight C2H, Pocket Bible, CRT, Leather Tri-fold, SS Peanut Lighter, Bobster

Offline Chief-USN

• Grand Master
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2009, 01:51:58 PM »
 We are pretty lucky here in Jacksonville, FL I guess. The Authorised Dealer on the Rohrbagh web site has (2) and another company here has (5). They have standing orders from Rohrbaugh. So about every 2-3 months or so they get (6) more in.

Chief
Allen
Retired Navy (1969-1992)
Viet Nam Vet
Desert Storm Vet
Lifetime NRA Member

Veteran " Freedom isn't free, I Paid for it"

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com