Author Topic: R9 parts (specifically, trigger pin)  (Read 287 times)

Offline Covert23

• Sharpshooter
R9 parts (specifically, trigger pin)
« on: December 04, 2019, 03:39:24 PM »
Well, I screwed up.  After cleaning my R9, I set aside all the cleaned parts when finished.  I then decided to take the towel I was using and proceed to take it outside and give it a good shake.  Yes, I donít have a trigger pin anymore.  Apparently Iím not very observant.  Iíve had 5 other R9ís before this one and this is the first time I realized they are two separate parts.  Every time cleaning or disassembling my past R9ís, I would just slide the trigger out and not once did they ever come apart.  Iím pretty anal about cleaning my firearms and I cannot believe I never noticed this!
    Anyway, I was hoping someone could help me out on where I could purchase this part.  Iím assuming the pin has pretty specific dimensions.  If not, is there any other firearm parts available that could substitute?  Very embarrassing. 
Thank you and I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and happy New Year! 
Jim

(Lifetime firearm owner and 25 years Retired Military.  Never in my life have I misplaced/lost a firearm or part!!!!)

Again, very embarrassing, but Iím lost without my functioning little buddy.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Re: R9 parts (specifically, trigger pin)
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2019, 04:15:27 PM »
Have you tried calling Alex at Williams Gunsight in Michigan? They are doing the Rohrbaugh warranty work now. The number is 800 530-9028. They have the remaining parts in stock for repairs or replacement.
https://williamsgunsight.com/gunsmithing/

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2019, 07:17:40 PM »
I hope Alex at Williams can help out. If not, I'll give a look through my machinist's tool box from the shop and see if I happen to have one laying around. I can't guarantee anything, but I'll give it a whirl for you.

Eric R.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline Covert23

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2019, 01:53:38 PM »
Thank you very much gentleman. Iíll give them a call and let ya know the outcome. Jim

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2019, 07:02:07 PM »
Did you ever find or get the trigger pin?

Eric R.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.