Author Topic: Thumbrest?  (Read 1922 times)

Offline Aglifter

  • Grand Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 599
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
« on: March 26, 2011, 12:09:07 PM »
I shot a friend's open gun w. a thumbrest for my weak hand, and it made a tremendous improvement in my grip.

It wouldn't have to be very large, just a small ridge sticking out from right about where the front of the trigger guard joins the frame - any suggestions?  
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline Reinz

  • Grand Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2373
Re: Thumbrest?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 05:07:11 PM »
Are you talking about the R9 ?

Eitherway, about 10 years a company made some add on doo dads that did not fly and they disappeared from the market.

Bassically, they angled plastic pieces perpendicular to a flat piece (attatched) which the flat piece fit under the grip panel and through the grip screw hole as well.   Then sticking out from the grip panel would be a angled thumb rest.

I'm making it sound more complicated than it is.

Just think of holding a 1/2 inch  wide piece of 1/16-1/8  thick steel 2-3 inches long in left hand gripping it. Now take your right hand and bend it 90 degrees and whatever cant you like.
Drill a hole large enough for the grip screw to go through and there you have it ---

Except - you may need a longer grip screw.
Off to the local Nut, Bolt and Screw House.

Good Luck